People Movements in the Punjab
· What caused the church in the Punjab to grow from the 1880s into the first half of the 20th century?
· Which missionary methods were effective, and which were ineffective?
· What segments of society proved responsive?
· Are any of these factors part of the present-day scene?
Based on primary sources, including church and mission records, missionary and national leaders' biographies, and census reports, the author's well-written research provides a profound view of the churches' growth in the Punjab.
The book includes a substantial appendix, "A Brief Comparative Study of Other Churches in Pakistan," which gives a wealth of information. And although this study is based on the growth of the church in Pakistan, the pattern of development and church growth principles apply to scores of areas on the Indian subcontinent as well. This authentic church history has great relevance for the church and her leaders today.
- Pages: 400
- Publisher: William Carey Publishing
- Binding: Paperback
- Publish Year: 1975
- ISBN: 9780878084173
- Vendor: William Carey Publishing