Due to a large volume of manuscripts waiting for publication, we may not be able to begin the review process for manuscripts submitted between now and mid-2017. We still welcome inquiries, but please understand our timeline may be delayed until July 2017. We appreciate your patience and understanding. God bless you in your efforts to communicate breakthroughs and best practices in frontier missions.
MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
William Carey Library publishes books that promote insights and initiatives leading to mission breakthroughs among all peoples. Those breakthroughs or mission frontiers include the evangelization and empowerment of unreached peoples and the discovery of new strategies and methods of ministry and mobilization. We especially seek to assist the work of the mission executive, field missionary, church leader, and the student of world mission.
We accept proposals for books on mission frontiers as defined above. For a sample of our books, visit our Web site at http://www.missionbooks.org. WCL books generally fall within the following two categories:
- Scholarly and Professional: This category includes field research and other professional studies on topics such as church growth and mobilization, anthropology, international development, intercultural communication, business as mission, contextualization, language learning, pastoral and member care, mission history, leadership, etc.
- Educational: This category includes textbooks, study guides, software and other print and electronic books specifically developed to mobilize and equip college, university, conference, seminar and other students of world mission.
William Carey Library does not publish:
- Poetry, Fiction or Political Commentaries
- Books that do not focus on mission frontiers as defined above
- Previously self-published works
The submission process begins with a maximum two-page letter of inquiry, including a brief author bio and book overview. Please send your initial letter of inquiry to submissions@WCLBooks.com.
Submit a letter of inquiry in a single Word document (.doc or .docx only). William Carey Library does not guarantee review of manuscripts without the initial letter of inquiry (see notes below).
- If the inquiry falls within our publishing parameters for books on mission frontiers, we will request a full proposal for consideration at our quarterly board meeting.
- Manuscripts are only requested after a full proposal is approved by our editorial board at their quarterly meeting. We will contact you to request the manuscript should the board vote to send it to the next step: a review by a scholar or professional qualified in your subject area. The board will issue its final decision after the review. Please do not submit a manuscript unless requested. The proposal and review processes generally take about 3-6 months.
- Unsolicited manuscripts, graphics or images will not be reviewed or returned.