Entries tagged with: Statistics
By: David Barrett & Todd Johnson
World Christian Trends, AD 30-AD 2200
This valuable resource is a global overview of world Christianity that analyzes, interprets, and evaluates the country-by-country data reported in the 2001 World Christian Encyclopedia. This “third volume” still stands on its own. Special features include the first-ever statistical survey of evangelism/evangelization, a statistical survey of persecution and Christian martyrs, and projections to AD 2200 about Christianity and world religions. Includes glossary, bibliography, color maps, and a CD-ROM.
There are many updates to data in the newly published Atlas of Global Christianity, but the analysis in this Trends volume remains correct. In fact, Todd Johnson has affirmed that this book contains analyses that are not found in the original Encyclopedia, the new Atlas, or even the online World Christian Database.
The discussions unique to this publication include:
• GEOSTATUS: 70 Global Diagrams
• COSMO-CHRONOLOGY: A chronology of world evangelization from Creation to New Creation
• MARTYROLOGY: The demographics of Christian martyrdom, AD 33-AD 2001
• GEO-RENEWAL: Four mega-typologies analyzing empirical global Christianity
• INDEPENDENCY: Post-denominationalism
• GEO-TRENDS: Statistical trends over 2,000 years
• WHO’S WHO: Names and biographies
• GLOBALISTICS: Quick-reference global statistical index on 4,200 subjects
• MONITORING: Monitoring global Christianity and world evangelization
• MISSIOMETRICS: The science of mission: counting, measuring, and interpreting global Christianity
• GEO-SCRIPTURES: Global distribution and density of Christian scriptures, AD 30-AD 2025
• FINANCE: The finances of global Christianity, AD 1900-AD 2001
• EVANGELIZATION: Evangelize in 420 dimensions; its historical development
• GEO-STRATEGIES: 1,500 global plans to evangelize the world
In so many subject areas of world evangelization, World Christian Trends still represents the most comprehensive analysis ever done.