If you are interested in growing as a person and developing your member care skills, then this book is for you. Global Member Care: The Pearls and Perils of Good Practice is the latest book from Kelly O’Donnell, launching the member care field further into the international world of mission/aid.
Part One reviews member care history and includes future directions in light of global realities. Part Two examines the crucial area of health/dysfunction with specific suggestions for good relationships, management, and governance. Part Three explores core ethics and human rights principles that are essential for good practice.
Pearls and Perils is a contemporary text for training in universities, seminaries, and mission/aid settings. Its principles and resources also make it a great handbook for sending groups and all those with member care responsibilities.
- ISBN: 9780878081134
- Pages: 287
- Binding: Paperback
- Published: 2011
- Publisher: William Carey Library
Pearls and Perils excels in scholarship, readibility, and above all, relevance.
This book is destined to become a well-read classic.
Dr. O'Donnell has written an exceptional book. It will further equip the worldwide church to support and manage its personnel who serve in challenging places at home or away, be it in China or Canada, Italy or India, Kenya or Kyrgyzstan, Venezuela or Vanuatu.
Part One: Resilient People in Difficult Places: Exploring Member Care in Mission/Aid
- 1. Highlighting Member Care History
- 2. Listening to Our Global Voices
- 3. Embracing Future Directions
- 4. Resources for Good
Part Two: Wise as Doves and Innocent as Serpents? Promoting Health in Mission/Aid
- 5. Unmasking Dysfunction
- 6. Upgrading Relational Resiliency
- 7. Supporting Good Governance and Good Management
- 8. Resources for Good Practice
Part Three: Ethics/Human Rights in Member Care: Developing Guidelines in Mission/Aid
- 9. Encountering Ethical Member Care
- 10. Pursuing Trans-Cultural Ethics
- 11. Extending the Foundations of Good Practice
- 12. Resources for Good Practice