|Through God's Eyes (Newly revised and updated edition!)
|Additional Information on this Title
About the Author:
Pat and his wife, Mary Ann, have served with Christar since 1974, including four years in Iran and five years in Egypt. He served as Director of New Personnel for four years and President for 16. Pat and Mary Ann now serve as Ambassadors-at-Large in a variety of ministries.
Pat holds a B.A. in history from Wheaton College, a Th.M. in missions from Dallas Theological Seminary and a Ph.D. in Islamics from Hartford Seminary Foundation. During grad school Pat and Mary Ann planted Nepaug Congregational Church in Connecticut. He has taught in numerous schools in the United States and other countries.
Two kinds of people live in our world: ones who say, “Here I am,” and those who say, “There you are.” Pat Cate is definitely a there-you-are person whose driving ambition is to dispatch good news about God’s love to those who have no hope. Many believers agree that linking biblical truth with listening ears is the basic mandate of the Christian faith, but few understand its critical significance. “Through God’s Eyes” is a front seat on a spectacular literary safari hosted by a missionary statesman who will change forever how you see our world.
-- Howard Hendricks, founder, Center for Christian Leadership, Dallas Theological Seminary
Surprising: A busy, veteran mission executive, both an advanced scholar and an activist, has taken the time to produce a first rate workbook/introduction to the cause of missions. Its keen content is beautifully and graphically laid out. There is nothing else like it.
-- Dr. Ralph D. Winter, founder of the William Carey International University, U.S. Center for World Mission and the Perspectives on the World Christian Movement course
What Many are Saying about Through God's Eyes
1. To God Be the Glory- The glory of God and missions
2. Faith of our Fathers- Part 1- God's call of the patriarchs
3. Faith of our Fathers- part 2- God's call of statesmen and prophets
4. Christ's View of God's Global Purpose- The Great Commission
5. What Can We Learn from the Early Church?- How did the apostles respond to the Great Commission?
6. The King is Coming- How is the Second Coming of Christ related to Missions?
7. In 25 Words or Less-What is essential to the Gospel?
8. Focus Groups-Who should be reached with the Gospel?
9. What About Those Who Are not Reached with the Gospel?-Do all roads lead to Heaven?
10. The Sine Qua Non- What is absolutely required to get out of the Gospel?
11. Planting the Body- What is the pace of church planting in missions?
12. Yes, But- Issues and struggles which can side-track us from missions
13. Here Am I- What part should I play?
14. Putting It All Together-A summary of my study and prayer
Recommended Passages to Memorize
Suggestions for Further Reading
|Tell a friend about this title!